iROwiki updates - Your opinions and suggestions needed! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

iROwiki updates - Your opinions and suggestions needed!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#26 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:20 PM

I'm gonna tentatively approve the ones whose names I can confirm are correct, some of them have different names in iRO so I'll have to double check on those ones since it's difficult for me to change much once they're inputted.

Also whoever added "Neck of FlameFrilldora", I have no idea if that is the correct name of the item here but if it is then I am thoroughly disappointed.

#27 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

Oh >.>

Alright.

<_<

Well I have been using Divine Pride as of right now. I also haven't had access to some of the items to know their "NPC Sell Value" and weight, etc.

Should I be making the descriptions clearer than what the current in-game description is (where applicable)??

Just be sure not to purely take DP as an example, that's been a clincher to some of the problems we have had; as the original descriptions have sometimes been all over the place with different terminology.

I just wanna make sure that when the project starts back up again (pending the lua system and sols mod), that iro.db is as correct as possible because it will be the default reference to go by.

#28 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:31 AM

Mikatsuki

Raksasa Dagger

Huuma Swirling Petal

Ninja Scale Armor

Tenebris Latitantes

Fox Armguard

Crescent Armguard

Wolf Armguard

They all have slot, but db said slotless. Feels bad for newbie Kage/Obo which looking for cheap/decent equips but dissapointed with db results. For Huuma Swirling Petal they have 2 slots, while other only 1 slot. 

I'll add more suggestion when I remember what missing :P

#29 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:06 AM

http://irowiki.org/w...ostume_Enchants

Halloween 2016 costumes are now enchantable. You can also exchange them for an enchant stone box 6 which contains all(?) of the stones available/implemented. . 

#30 ParkWonJae

ParkWonJae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:57 AM

I'll update the list later.

#31 VikasMerchantf

VikasMerchantf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Chaos (:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:16 AM

Need update on that page, enchants can be reset and also info about the npc that accepts 3 stones of same type to give out enchant stone box :X

#32 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:53 AM

also, atk stone upper gives an additional 2% more atk if you're costume has atk+1% on lower and mid. for a total of 5%. although it doesnt show on the stone, it does in the enchanted costume. 

now i'm wondering if MATK and MHP does the same thing when worn with its mid and lower counter parts. 

Edited by BlackMeow, 11 November 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#33 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:30 AM

also, atk stone upper gives an additional 2% more atk if you're costume has atk+1% on lower and mid. for a total of 5%. although it doesnt show on the stone, it does in the enchanted costume. 

now i'm wondering if MATK and MHP does the same thing when worn with its mid and lower counter parts. 

Interesting, I asked Camp about this when doing the descriptions and nothing appeared in the scripts.

#34 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

Just be sure not to purely take DP as an example, that's been a clincher to some of the problems we have had; as the original descriptions have sometimes been all over the place with different terminology.

I just wanna make sure that when the project starts back up again (pending the lua system and sols mod), that iro.db is as correct as possible because it will be the default reference to go by.

Should I be worried about flavor text, in this case? And I will be sure to take a look when I am adding stuff. 

I'm gonna tentatively approve the ones whose names I can confirm are correct, some of them have different names in iRO so I'll have to double check on those ones since it's difficult for me to change much once they're inputted.

Also whoever added "Neck of FlameFrilldora", I have no idea if that is the correct name of the item here but if it is then I am thoroughly disappointed.

When I was adding the monsters, I was using an [outdated] excel spreadsheet from the GMs (see this thread). Though I did ask a few guildies about the Bios/Morse monster names. I did skip one monster (the "Soul" from the red flower), since I didn't see it's worth even putting in.

I didn't add items in, at least in the last day. However, I might have added them in the past. But be prepared to be thoroughly disappointed. GMs translations have been notorious in the last few updates.

#35 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

MATK Stone says that it does in the discription.

#36 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

MATK Stone says that it does in the discription.

The trick is, do the effects ACTUALLY work. Because Camp found nothing in the scripts when I queried him about it.

#37 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:32 PM

I suspect kro updated the stones after they were initially released ... and we have the updated description files but not the item scripts... or vice versa.

Edited by Kadelia, 11 November 2016 - 01:32 PM.

#38 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:42 PM

Add in tirades page again :)

#39 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:50 PM

Wasn't that always there?

#40 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

The trick is, do the effects ACTUALLY work. Because Camp found nothing in the scripts when I queried him about it.

i think it doesnt matter if it works or not. it's very misleading. if it's not working, they should change the description already

#41 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

i think it doesnt matter if it works or not. it's very misleading. if it's not working, they should change the description already

It's odd because the descriptions I gave for them to use did NOT include this potential bonus as it was not in the scripts.

#42 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:29 PM

The maintenance page was linked in another thread, it would be great to get that updated. Thank you.

#43 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:15 PM

Updated the page, could add more or word it better but I'm tired and feel like knocking myself out so if anyone wants to fix it go for it.

#44 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:37 AM

Updated the page, could add more or word it better but I'm tired and feel like knocking myself out so if anyone wants to fix it go for it.

I'll work on adding to it tonight.

I also laughed when I saw this on it: "fixing bugs, etc."

#45 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:15 AM

I'll work on adding to it tonight.

I also laughed when I saw this on it: "fixing bugs, etc."

Sometimes I like to believe that they do stuff during maintenance. Other times I like to believe that it actually takes 6.5 hours to complete maintenance.

#46 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

Ah.. if anyone has popular requests for functionality/features to the iROWiki Database, let me know, too, I'll see what I can do.

Also any missing items or things wrong with items let me know as well.

Edited by Kadelia, 18 November 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#47 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:36 AM

Gifs for each skill?

#48 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

If you provided the gifs I could try to implement that.

#49 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:53 AM

The problem is we don't have (M)ATK Stone Slot 3 yet. Maybe the script will be updated when these are implemented? I don't know.

#50 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:56 AM

The problem is we don't have (M)ATK Stone Slot 3 yet. Maybe the script will be updated when these are implemented? I don't know.

I suspect kro updated the stones after they were initially released ... and we have the updated description files but not the item scripts... or vice versa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users